Michael N. Bress, Esq. 

A “Modification” is a court-ordered change of a previous court order or final judgment. Some orders or judgments are considered to be final, but the court understands that sometimes circumstances change such that it would justify a modification. To modify a final order or judgment, the legal standard in Florida is that the requesting party must establish a “substantial change in circumstances” that was unforeseen at the time of the original order or judgment. 

Enforcement. Court orders and judgments, for example regarding alimony, property division, child support or child “custody,” if violated, are enforceable by the court. If a parent or ex-spouse willfully and deliberately refuses to comply with a court order, a party can motion the court to use its civil contempt powers to force the non-compliant party to comply. The court can force compliance by a number of methods, depending on the particular circumstances. 

If you require legal representation to modify or enforce a judicial judgment or order, you can contact Bress Law Firm, PLLC at (954) 336-8049, or by email at Michael@BressLaw.Com. Initial consultations are free and confidential. We are a Family Law Practice located in Aventura, Florida, but serve clients throughout Miami-Dade and Broward. By appointment only. 



The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. You are welcome to contact us about a legal matter via. Phone, Letter, or Electronic Mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established. Our firm, however, treats all client information as if confidential.

©2019 by Bress Law Firm, PLLC.